Rely on Gibney Consulting for Your Hyperion Development and Support Solutions
The recession of 2008 had a negative impact on the Engineering & Construction (E&C) industry, and it was not until very recently that the E&C industry has started to display some positive signs of recovery. The recovery within the sector can be attributed to general economic improvement. However, critical to the industry’s recovery were E&C companies’ ability to strategically improve how they are operating their businesses by leveraging EPM and BI technology solutions. Today, these companies have overcome illiquid finance markets and lagging economies and are generating accurate financial plans, monitoring and controlling costs, improving project selection and quality, and maximizing profitability.
At Gibney Consulting, we understand the distinct industry-specific challenges that surround the E&C industry.
Gibney Consulting Engineering & Construction Client
- Delivered business requirement document
- Delivered a detailed application design document.
- The final solution that was developed and delivered composed of 5 planning databases, 6 Essbase BSO databases and 6 Essbase ASO databases.
- The Data Flow process that was developed flowed from the Planning to BSO to ASO databases using a combination of Essbase Export calculation scripts and Essbase replicate partitions.
- The loading of Actuals data and employee data from SAP was developed using Essbase SQL Load Rules
- Developed Essbase calcation scripts and calculation rules for complex calculations.
- Developed MaxL scripts in combination with ODI to automate data loads on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Data remapping procedures were developed using a combination of ODI and Server SQL tables.
- Metadata manual and automated update procedures were built using ODI from the SQL Server tables
- Over 30+ reports were developed using Hyperion Financial Reporting suite and additional 30+ reports were developed using SmartView.
- Delivered signed off UAT scripts from testers and resolution of all issues identified during testing.
- Trained system administrators on use and maintenance of system
- Provided 3rd level support for applications post go-live.
- The development methodology was a combination of Agile development combined with the traditional Waterfall approach.
- The final solution enable 200+ users spread geographically throughout the world to perform monthly forecasting and annual planning.
- This solution was the Winner of the 2012 Oracle EPM Titan award.