For one leading Engineering and Construction companies
The effort vastly improved the company’s planning and execution functions, they knew that in order to succeed in this era of technology their accounting systems needed to be much more robust than what they are. They turned to Gibney Consulting to improve their accounting systems.
The biggest challenge was that FLUOR was not utilizing technology properly. Too much of the work was still being recorded manually, which meant that the numbers took a long time to note down and then to be analyzed. Live data was also not available and decisions can only be made after all the required data and been received. This was holding FLUOR back; they knew they could corner more of the market if they had the ability to be more mobile.
The work addressed for Gibney Consulting was to develop a monthly Forecasting an annual Financial Planning Solution with workforce and CapEx
- The Data Flow process that was developed flowed from the Planning to BSO to ASO databases using a combination of Essbase Export calculation scripts and Essbase replicate partitions.
- The loading of Actuals data and employee data from SAP was developed using Essbase SQL Load Rules
- Developed Essbase calcation scripts and calculation rules for complex calculations.
- Developed MaxL scripts in combination with ODI to automate data loads on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Data remapping procedures were developed using a combination of ODI and Server SQL tables.
- Metadata manual and automated update procedures were built using ODI from the SQL Server tables
- Over 30+ reports were developed using Hyperion Financial Reporting suite and additional 30+ reports were developed using SmartView.
- Delivered signed off UAT scripts from testers and resolution of all issues identified during testing.
- Trained system administrators on use and maintenance of system
- Provided 3rd level support for applications post go-live.
- The development methodology was a combination of Agile development combined with the traditional Waterfall approach.
- The final solution enable 200+ users spread geographically throughout the world to perform monthly forecasting and annual planning.
- This solution was the Winner of the 2012 Oracle EPM Titan award.
- The final solution that was developed and delivered composed of 5 planning databases, 6 Essbase BSO databases and 6 Essbase ASO databases.